Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue May 22, 2012
It's Primary Day
Kentuckians will have their say in several political races today, including late input in the Republican presidential primary.
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Presumed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is the only GOP candidate with an active presidential campaign. But Republicans Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul and Rick Santorum will be on Kentucky ballots. With Romney's nomination already virtually assured, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes predicts only around ten percent of Kentucky voters will cast ballots. Other races generating interest include the Republican congressional primary in the 4th District. State Representative Alecia Webb-Edgington, and judge-executives Gary Moore and Thomas Massie are considered front-runners to replace retiring U.S. Representative Geoff Davis. And in our region, voters will cast ballots for Paducah City Commissioners and Mayor.