Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri August 3, 2012
It's 'Kiss In' Day At Chick-fil-A For Gay Rights Activists
Originally published on Fri August 3, 2012 4:50 pm
Two days after Chick-fil-A set a one-day sales record thanks to a show of support for company President Dan Cathy and his outspoken stand against same-sex marriage, it's "National Same-Sex Kiss Day" for gay rights activists. They plan to kiss their loved ones outside the fast-food chain's outlets and post photos on Tumblr and other social media sites.
Organizers say they want to "show Chick-fil-A that EVERYONE deserves to be able to fall in love, start a family, and take their children to eat fried chicken after a soccer match."
We'll keep an eye out for stories on this as the day continues.
Update at 5:40 p.m. ET. Kiss In Happens, So Does Vandalism:
The Advocate Magazine tweeted this picture of one of the "kiss ins:"
The Los Angeles Times reports that at a Los Angeles location, police were called because of "heavy media presence."
NBC Los Angeles reports that vandals spray painted the side of one Chick-fil-A. They scrawled: "Tastes Like Hate."