Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Around the Nation
Fri September 6, 2013
It Could Soon Be Drone Hunting Season
Originally published on Fri September 6, 2013 11:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
It may soon be drone hunting season. Deer Trail, Colorado, is considering a plan to issue hunting licenses for drones. It's a protest against federal surveillance. And even though the proposal has not passed, the Denver Post says 983 people applied. Now, you'd think the federal government would laugh off this notion that there would ever be a drone over Deer Trail. Instead, officials have warned against shooting them.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.