Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Around the Nation
Fri September 6, 2013
It Could Soon Be Drone Hunting Season
Originally published on Fri September 6, 2013 11:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
It may soon be drone hunting season. Deer Trail, Colorado, is considering a plan to issue hunting licenses for drones. It's a protest against federal surveillance. And even though the proposal has not passed, the Denver Post says 983 people applied. Now, you'd think the federal government would laugh off this notion that there would ever be a drone over Deer Trail. Instead, officials have warned against shooting them.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.