Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Around the Nation
Fri September 6, 2013
It Could Soon Be Drone Hunting Season
Originally published on Fri September 6, 2013 11:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
It may soon be drone hunting season. Deer Trail, Colorado, is considering a plan to issue hunting licenses for drones. It's a protest against federal surveillance. And even though the proposal has not passed, the Denver Post says 983 people applied. Now, you'd think the federal government would laugh off this notion that there would ever be a drone over Deer Trail. Instead, officials have warned against shooting them.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.