Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Around the Nation
Fri September 6, 2013
It Could Soon Be Drone Hunting Season
Originally published on Fri September 6, 2013 11:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
It may soon be drone hunting season. Deer Trail, Colorado, is considering a plan to issue hunting licenses for drones. It's a protest against federal surveillance. And even though the proposal has not passed, the Denver Post says 983 people applied. Now, you'd think the federal government would laugh off this notion that there would ever be a drone over Deer Trail. Instead, officials have warned against shooting them.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.