Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Around the Nation
Fri September 6, 2013
It Could Soon Be Drone Hunting Season
Originally published on Fri September 6, 2013 11:40 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
It may soon be drone hunting season. Deer Trail, Colorado, is considering a plan to issue hunting licenses for drones. It's a protest against federal surveillance. And even though the proposal has not passed, the Denver Post says 983 people applied. Now, you'd think the federal government would laugh off this notion that there would ever be a drone over Deer Trail. Instead, officials have warned against shooting them.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.