Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon February 3, 2014
Ira Glass in Nashville - Congratulations!
Congratulations to ticket-winners: Rachel English, Laynie Mitchell and Judy Vance. Have a great time seeing Ira Glass in Nashville!
"Reinventing Radio: An Evening with Ira Glass" comes to Ryman Auditorium on Saturday, February 15. It's a riveting look into This American Life, the public radio show that continues to push the boundaries of broadcast journalism.
Tickets are on sale now through Ryman Auditorium's website, or via box-office at 615-889-3060, and Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000.
Presented by Madstone Productions & Show and Tell in association with the Steven Barkley Agency, join Ira Glass - radio pioneer, host, and creator of This American Life - as he recreates the sound of one of the public radio show in front of an audience by mixing live onstage stories with pre-taped quotes and music. He'll also be featuring a "best of" segment from the series' funniest moments. You will not want to miss this night full of humor and insight from one of America's most treasured radio hosts.
"Mr Glass is a journalist but also a storyteller who filters his interviews and impressions through a distinctive literary imagination, an eccentric intelligence, and a sympathetic heart." - New York Times
With a career spanning four decades, Glass has led This American Life to several Peabody and DuPont-Columbia awards. His show is heard on more than 500 public radio stations each week by over 1.7 million listeners, and is a mainstay in the Top 10 most popular podcasts on iTunes.