Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu October 30, 2008
Interview with violinist Scott Conklin
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Violinist Scott Conklin, Murray native and son of Paducah Symphony Orchestra violinist Liz Conklin, appears as a soloist with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra for its Dancin' in the Seats program tomorrow at the Carson Center. There's a special pre-concert talk by Southeastern Missouri State professor of dance Marc Strauss at 7 with the music starting at 7:30 p.m. Rounding out the night after the concert Chris Hayes of the Ruth Johnson School of Dance presents an East Coast Swing group lesson with dance music, snacks and a cash bar.
Tickets for the after-party are $5 with concert stubs and $10 for everyone else. Tickets are available at 800-738-3727.
Kate Lochte speaks with Conklin who is assistant professor of violin at the University of Iowa School of Music as well as a performing artist.