Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu October 30, 2008
Interview with violinist Scott Conklin
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Violinist Scott Conklin, Murray native and son of Paducah Symphony Orchestra violinist Liz Conklin, appears as a soloist with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra for its Dancin' in the Seats program tomorrow at the Carson Center. There's a special pre-concert talk by Southeastern Missouri State professor of dance Marc Strauss at 7 with the music starting at 7:30 p.m. Rounding out the night after the concert Chris Hayes of the Ruth Johnson School of Dance presents an East Coast Swing group lesson with dance music, snacks and a cash bar.
Tickets for the after-party are $5 with concert stubs and $10 for everyone else. Tickets are available at 800-738-3727.
Kate Lochte speaks with Conklin who is assistant professor of violin at the University of Iowa School of Music as well as a performing artist.