Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu October 30, 2008
Interview with violinist Scott Conklin
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Violinist Scott Conklin, Murray native and son of Paducah Symphony Orchestra violinist Liz Conklin, appears as a soloist with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra for its Dancin' in the Seats program tomorrow at the Carson Center. There's a special pre-concert talk by Southeastern Missouri State professor of dance Marc Strauss at 7 with the music starting at 7:30 p.m. Rounding out the night after the concert Chris Hayes of the Ruth Johnson School of Dance presents an East Coast Swing group lesson with dance music, snacks and a cash bar.
Tickets for the after-party are $5 with concert stubs and $10 for everyone else. Tickets are available at 800-738-3727.
Kate Lochte speaks with Conklin who is assistant professor of violin at the University of Iowa School of Music as well as a performing artist.