Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 8, 2009
International Year of Astronomy at Golden Pond
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy. It was four hundred years ago this year that Galileo Galilee turned a telescope to the heavens, forever transforming the way we look into space. To commemorate this monumental event, the legendary astronomer visited Golden Pond Observatory at Land Between the Lakes, and spoke with Jacque Day about the beginnings of modern astronomy.
Astronomy Day took place Saturday, May 2, co-sponsored by the West Kentucky Amateur Astronomers (www.wkaa.net) and LBL.