Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri May 8, 2009
International Year of Astronomy at Golden Pond
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy. It was four hundred years ago this year that Galileo Galilee turned a telescope to the heavens, forever transforming the way we look into space. To commemorate this monumental event, the legendary astronomer visited Golden Pond Observatory at Land Between the Lakes, and spoke with Jacque Day about the beginnings of modern astronomy.
Astronomy Day took place Saturday, May 2, co-sponsored by the West Kentucky Amateur Astronomers (www.wkaa.net) and LBL.