Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri May 8, 2009
International Year of Astronomy at Golden Pond
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy. It was four hundred years ago this year that Galileo Galilee turned a telescope to the heavens, forever transforming the way we look into space. To commemorate this monumental event, the legendary astronomer visited Golden Pond Observatory at Land Between the Lakes, and spoke with Jacque Day about the beginnings of modern astronomy.
Astronomy Day took place Saturday, May 2, co-sponsored by the West Kentucky Amateur Astronomers (www.wkaa.net) and LBL.