Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri May 8, 2009
International Year of Astronomy at Golden Pond
By Jacque Day
Murray, KY – 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy. It was four hundred years ago this year that Galileo Galilee turned a telescope to the heavens, forever transforming the way we look into space. To commemorate this monumental event, the legendary astronomer visited Golden Pond Observatory at Land Between the Lakes, and spoke with Jacque Day about the beginnings of modern astronomy.
Astronomy Day took place Saturday, May 2, co-sponsored by the West Kentucky Amateur Astronomers (www.wkaa.net) and LBL.