Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 23, 2009
Inmate Escapes, Returns
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – An inmate faces additional charges after escaping from the Henry County, Tennessee jail. During his work detail, Eugene Spence briefly left the compound and returned a short time later. He has been removed from work detail and is now charged with escape. Spence was arrested in February 2005 for vehicular homicide after driving drunk and hitting and killing a Cottage Grove man with his truck. A release from the Sherriff's department says work detail guidelines have been changed to prevent future escape opportunities.