Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu July 4, 2013
Illinois’ Writing Test Back, But Without Funding
Illinois high school juniors will be given a writing test for the first time in years next spring.
The test will be part of annual standardized tests, but lawmakers haven’t given the state board of education the money to pay for the essays.
Board officials say they’ve been authorized the same twenty-seven million dollars to spend on assessments. Projections put the additional writing tests at two-point-five million dollars.
The board may request additional funding from the legislature.