Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 6, 2012
Illinois treasurer has $1.6B in unclaimed property
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is asking residents to go online and find out if they or their relatives can claim any of the $1.6 billion in unclaimed property being held by the state. Abandoned bank accounts, stocks, items in safe-deposit boxes and other unclaimed property are turned over to the treasurer’s office when the owners can't be found. The treasurer's I-Cash program attempts to return property to the rightful owners or their heirs. Last year, it returned more than $100 million worth of property.