Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Mon May 6, 2013
Illinois State University Moving Closer to Hiring a New President
The Illinois State University Board of Trustees could decide on it's new president at its quarterly meeing Friday. Murray State President Randy Dunn is among the finalists for the job. The board's executive search committee charged with replacing the school’s president met Saturday to review finalist evaluations.
That meeting marked the end of the week-long finalist interview process. Media Relations Coordinator Jay Groves says the board and committee are well on their way to selecting a new university president before the fall semester.
Dunn is also a finalist for the presidential spot at Youngstown State University. The YSU Board of Trustees concludes its interviews later this week, its next meeting is scheduled for May 30.