Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon May 6, 2013
Illinois State University Moving Closer to Hiring a New President
The Illinois State University Board of Trustees could decide on it's new president at its quarterly meeing Friday. Murray State President Randy Dunn is among the finalists for the job. The board's executive search committee charged with replacing the school’s president met Saturday to review finalist evaluations.
That meeting marked the end of the week-long finalist interview process. Media Relations Coordinator Jay Groves says the board and committee are well on their way to selecting a new university president before the fall semester.
Dunn is also a finalist for the presidential spot at Youngstown State University. The YSU Board of Trustees concludes its interviews later this week, its next meeting is scheduled for May 30.