Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon May 27, 2013
Illinois Speed Limit Bill Proceeds to Governor
A possible speed limit change on Illinois interstates may keep motorists from slowing down when they cross into the Land of Lincoln.
Both houses of the Illinois General Assembly have passed a bill that would raise the speed limit on interstate highways from 65 to 70 mph. Kentucky and Tennessee interstate speed limits are 70 mph in most non-metropolitan areas.
The bill awaits action by Gov. Pat Quinn, who said he was undecided on the matter last month. If Quinn vetoes the bill, the Senate can override him with a three-fifths majority vote.
More than 70 percent of state senators voted in favor of raising the speed limit last week.