Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon January 23, 2012
Illinois Senator Kirk Recovering from Stroke
By Associated Press
Springfield, IL – A neurosurgeon says Illinois Senator Mark Kirk's prospects for a full physical recovery from a weekend stroke that's affected his left side "are not great." But his chances for a full mental recovery are good. Kirk underwent surgery Sunday to alleviate pressure on his brain after doctors discovered he had a tear in his carotid artery and had suffered the stroke. Doctors say the stroke affected Kirk's ability to move his left arm, possibly his left leg and could cause paralysis of his face. But he appears to recognize those around him and is responding to commands.