Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 6, 2009
Illinois Says No Texts
By Angela Hatton
Chicago, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and state lawmakers are telling motorists to put down their cell phones. Quinn signs a new law today that bans text messaging while driving. While drivers can't read their e-mail or text if they're moving, they can check messages if they pull over to the side of the road or are at a standstill in traffic. Also, motorists can still read directions on a navigation system. Illinois joins at least nine other states that regulate texting in vehicles.