Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon October 7, 2013
Illinois Pumpkin Farmers Enjoy Bumper Crop
Illinois farmers say this year’s pumpkin harvest should produce a bumper crop. Farmers in the nation’s top pumpkin producing state say the bountiful harvest is due to a wet spring and dry late-summer weather.
Most Illinois pumpkins are used for cooking and canning, but some are for decoration.