Most Active Stories
- Murray Human Rights Commission Postpones Bringing Ordinance Forward To Allow Community Input
- Kentucky CPE President Addresses Criticism of KCTCS Search Transparency
- Billionaire Spent Millions In Charity, But Avoided Mine Fines
- Bob Davies: Board of Regents will Discuss Proposed Tobacco Ban and Employee Raises
- Kentucky Among Worst States In Accessibility for Poor, Disabled in Criminal Justice, Study Says
Mon October 7, 2013
Illinois Pumpkin Farmers Enjoy Bumper Crop
Illinois farmers say this year’s pumpkin harvest should produce a bumper crop. Farmers in the nation’s top pumpkin producing state say the bountiful harvest is due to a wet spring and dry late-summer weather.
Most Illinois pumpkins are used for cooking and canning, but some are for decoration.