Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon October 7, 2013
Illinois Pumpkin Farmers Enjoy Bumper Crop
Illinois farmers say this year’s pumpkin harvest should produce a bumper crop. Farmers in the nation’s top pumpkin producing state say the bountiful harvest is due to a wet spring and dry late-summer weather.
Most Illinois pumpkins are used for cooking and canning, but some are for decoration.