Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon January 21, 2013
Illinois Politicians Refuse Pension Checks
Illinois' multibillion dollar pension crisis has prompted a rising number of lawmakers to say they won't accept their legislative pension.
At least two dozen of the 177 members of the House and Senate have opted out of the General Assembly pension system. Many lawmakers pledged during their campaigns not to take the pension. But that doesn't mean they'll never get a state retirement check. Some earned pensions in previous jobs.