Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon January 21, 2013
Illinois Politicians Refuse Pension Checks
Illinois' multibillion dollar pension crisis has prompted a rising number of lawmakers to say they won't accept their legislative pension.
At least two dozen of the 177 members of the House and Senate have opted out of the General Assembly pension system. Many lawmakers pledged during their campaigns not to take the pension. But that doesn't mean they'll never get a state retirement check. Some earned pensions in previous jobs.