Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon January 21, 2013
Illinois Politicians Refuse Pension Checks
Illinois' multibillion dollar pension crisis has prompted a rising number of lawmakers to say they won't accept their legislative pension.
At least two dozen of the 177 members of the House and Senate have opted out of the General Assembly pension system. Many lawmakers pledged during their campaigns not to take the pension. But that doesn't mean they'll never get a state retirement check. Some earned pensions in previous jobs.