Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue June 26, 2012
Illinois Officials Urge Safe Grilling
The Illinois State Fire Marshal is urging people to take safety steps before enjoying the outdoor grilling season.
Fire Marshal Larry Matkaitis says grillers should inspect the grill to ensure all parts are functioning properly. There were about 170 grill related fires in Illinois last year. The National Fire Protection Association says gas grills are the leading cause of about 7,000 home fires in the U.S. each year. Matkaitis says grills should only be used outside, and should be a safe distance from foot traffic.