Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue July 24, 2012
Illinois Lottery Revenue Increases
Illinois Lottery officials said sales for the fiscal year that ended June 30th topped $2.67 billion, a nearly 18 percent increase over the previous year.
Lottery Superintendent Michael Jones said a key to increased sales was the change in the lottery's image. He said the lottery placed an emphasis on specialty games such as Veterans' Cash and Ticket for the Cure. Lottery officials said just over $708 million will go to good causes, including nearly $640 million to public schools.