Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue July 24, 2012
Illinois Lottery Revenue Increases
Illinois Lottery officials said sales for the fiscal year that ended June 30th topped $2.67 billion, a nearly 18 percent increase over the previous year.
Lottery Superintendent Michael Jones said a key to increased sales was the change in the lottery's image. He said the lottery placed an emphasis on specialty games such as Veterans' Cash and Ticket for the Cure. Lottery officials said just over $708 million will go to good causes, including nearly $640 million to public schools.