Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue July 31, 2012
Illinois Legislators Discuss State Pension Systems
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has called lawmakers back to Springfield for a one-day special session August 17th to reform the state’s pension systems. But, so far, he doesn’t have a plan beyond that. Quinn said lawmakers already have legislation on the table they should consider. That includes a measure pushed by Senate President John Cullerton addressing two of the state’s five pension systems. Legislative leaders have been deadlocked over how to address the state’s $83 billion dollars in unfunded pension liability.