Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri June 8, 2012
Illinois Housing Grants
Illinois will receive more than $7 million in federal housing grants to improve local communities by providing shelter and affordable housing.
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, says the money comes from three Department of Housing and Urban Development grant programs. The programs help local government redevelop and provide suitable housing for those living urban areas, which are often the poorest members of the community.