Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri June 8, 2012
Illinois Housing Grants
Illinois will receive more than $7 million in federal housing grants to improve local communities by providing shelter and affordable housing.
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, says the money comes from three Department of Housing and Urban Development grant programs. The programs help local government redevelop and provide suitable housing for those living urban areas, which are often the poorest members of the community.