Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri June 8, 2012
Illinois Housing Grants
Illinois will receive more than $7 million in federal housing grants to improve local communities by providing shelter and affordable housing.
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, says the money comes from three Department of Housing and Urban Development grant programs. The programs help local government redevelop and provide suitable housing for those living urban areas, which are often the poorest members of the community.