Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri June 8, 2012
Illinois Housing Grants
Illinois will receive more than $7 million in federal housing grants to improve local communities by providing shelter and affordable housing.
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, says the money comes from three Department of Housing and Urban Development grant programs. The programs help local government redevelop and provide suitable housing for those living urban areas, which are often the poorest members of the community.