Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Fri June 8, 2012
Illinois Housing Grants
Illinois will receive more than $7 million in federal housing grants to improve local communities by providing shelter and affordable housing.
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, says the money comes from three Department of Housing and Urban Development grant programs. The programs help local government redevelop and provide suitable housing for those living urban areas, which are often the poorest members of the community.