Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue May 22, 2012
Illinois House Ends Legislative Scholarships
Governor Pat Quinn says an Illinois House decision to end the Legislature's tuition waiver program makes it a good day for taxpayers.
Earlier this month, the state Senate agreed to stop letting lawmakers hand out free college education to certain constituents. It ends a century-old practice plagued by allegations of corruption and political favoritism. Quinn says the move to end the program will benefit deserving students in financial need. The governor says he is looking forward to signing the legislation.