Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue May 22, 2012
Illinois House Ends Legislative Scholarships
Governor Pat Quinn says an Illinois House decision to end the Legislature's tuition waiver program makes it a good day for taxpayers.
Earlier this month, the state Senate agreed to stop letting lawmakers hand out free college education to certain constituents. It ends a century-old practice plagued by allegations of corruption and political favoritism. Quinn says the move to end the program will benefit deserving students in financial need. The governor says he is looking forward to signing the legislation.