Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 4, 2009
Illinois H1N1 E-mail Scam
By Caleb Campbell
Springfield, IL – The Illinois Department of Public Health is letting the public know about an e-mail scam involving the H-1-N-1 virus. Fraudulent e-mails claim to be from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The e-mail says the CDC has set up a state vaccination program and directs the user to create a vaccination profile on the CDC website. The e-mail lists the registration as a requirement for anyone 18 or older. State officials say these e-mails should be deleted immediately. Clicking on the link could install a virus on the computer.