Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu July 23, 2009
Illinois Governor Saving the Priorities
By Angela Hatton
Springfield, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and his administration are prioritizing programs and services as the state grapples with making budget cuts. Quinn has already promised one-billion dollars in cuts. Lawmakers have given him the authority to cut another billion plus shift money around in the budget to use it as he sees fit. Quinn says priorities would be "core functions" but he didn't elaborate on those.