Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu July 23, 2009
Illinois Governor Saving the Priorities
By Angela Hatton
Springfield, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and his administration are prioritizing programs and services as the state grapples with making budget cuts. Quinn has already promised one-billion dollars in cuts. Lawmakers have given him the authority to cut another billion plus shift money around in the budget to use it as he sees fit. Quinn says priorities would be "core functions" but he didn't elaborate on those.