Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon September 9, 2013
Illinois Gaming Officials Seek Around the Clock Operations
The Illinois Casino Gaming Association is asking state regulators to allow 24 hours a day operation.
Currently, no casinos are open more than 22 hours. The Illinois Gaming Board has scheduled a public hearing for Sept. 19th to consider the request.
Casino gaming association executive director Tom Swoik says video gaming is already available around the clock at places such as truck stops.
Swoik says 24-hour operations would raise revenue for the casinos and the state and create jobs. Opponents say extending casino hours create more problems for compulsive gamblers, who would never have to leave the casino.