Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 24, 2010
Illinois Considers Eliminating Lt. Governor
By Angela Hatton
Springfield, IL – An Illinois House committee has approved a plan to allow voters to decide whether to abolish the state's number two post. House Speaker Michael Madigan says the position of lieutenant governor is unnecessary. His proposal would put a constitutional amendment before voters in November. The Democrat says he considered the move before Scott Lee Cohen won the Democratic nomination in February. Cohen resigned after questions about past allegations of domestic battery and steroid use.