Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 31, 2009
Illinois Budget Plans Announced
By Jacque Day
Southern Illinois – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn announced this afternoon that he's spreading a limited supply of money among state government agencies. The governor put much of the money into grants for local services such as mental health and drug counseling. Programs for the elderly and for abused children will also get funding. Quinn says the budget leaves Illinois with about $1.4 billion in unmet needs, and that Medicaid, preschool and college scholarships aren't getting enough money.