Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 11, 2013
Illinois AG will seek damages from Apple
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says the state will seek to recover damages from Apple Incorporated after a federal judge found the company violated antitrust laws. A U.S. District Court judge in New York ruled Wednesday that Apple conspired with book publishers to raise electronic book prices significantly in spring 2010. Madigan says Apple and the publishers forced book buyers to pay millions more for e-books than they would have otherwise. She says Illinois will be one of 33 states and territories trying to recover damages in a second trial.
This trial will determine how much Apple should pay for its role in overcharging customers. Apple says it did nothing wrong and will appeal the ruling.