Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri July 6, 2012
Illinois 12th District Hopeful Releases Tax Records
A Democrat running for Illinois' 12th Congressional District seat has released 10 years of tax returns and says his republican opponent should do the same.
Former Illinois National Guard Adjutant General William Enyart brought the stack of tax returns to a news conference Thursday. Enyart says those who serve in Congress write tax policy and the budget, and as a result should be transparent about their interests in tax policy. He says the best way to remain transparent is is for candidates to release their tax returns publicly. There's no word on whether Republican Jason Plummer plans to make his returns available.