Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri July 6, 2012
Illinois 12th District Hopeful Releases Tax Records
A Democrat running for Illinois' 12th Congressional District seat has released 10 years of tax returns and says his republican opponent should do the same.
Former Illinois National Guard Adjutant General William Enyart brought the stack of tax returns to a news conference Thursday. Enyart says those who serve in Congress write tax policy and the budget, and as a result should be transparent about their interests in tax policy. He says the best way to remain transparent is is for candidates to release their tax returns publicly. There's no word on whether Republican Jason Plummer plans to make his returns available.