Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri July 6, 2012
Illinois 12th District Hopeful Releases Tax Records
A Democrat running for Illinois' 12th Congressional District seat has released 10 years of tax returns and says his republican opponent should do the same.
Former Illinois National Guard Adjutant General William Enyart brought the stack of tax returns to a news conference Thursday. Enyart says those who serve in Congress write tax policy and the budget, and as a result should be transparent about their interests in tax policy. He says the best way to remain transparent is is for candidates to release their tax returns publicly. There's no word on whether Republican Jason Plummer plans to make his returns available.