Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu July 16, 2009
Ill. works to "Break the Silence" on Elder Abuse
By Jacque Day
Southern Illinois – In Illinois, it's estimated that as many as 80,000 older adults fall victim to abuse each year. The 13 southernmost Illinois counties, including Massac, Pope and Hardin, have the highest number of reported Elder Abuse cases in the state. July is Elder Abuse Awareness Month in Illinois. Jacque Day speaks with David Mitchell, Protective Services Unit Director for the Shawnee Alliance for Seniors, about the campaign to Break the Silence.
"Break the Silence" Illinois
Trained professional are available around the clock at the Elder Abuse hotline, 866-800-1409