Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu July 16, 2009
Ill. works to "Break the Silence" on Elder Abuse
By Jacque Day
Southern Illinois – In Illinois, it's estimated that as many as 80,000 older adults fall victim to abuse each year. The 13 southernmost Illinois counties, including Massac, Pope and Hardin, have the highest number of reported Elder Abuse cases in the state. July is Elder Abuse Awareness Month in Illinois. Jacque Day speaks with David Mitchell, Protective Services Unit Director for the Shawnee Alliance for Seniors, about the campaign to Break the Silence.
"Break the Silence" Illinois
Trained professional are available around the clock at the Elder Abuse hotline, 866-800-1409