Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Thu January 24, 2013
ILL Unions Want Meeting With Quinn
Illinois' public employee unions are asking for a meeting with Governor Pat Quinn and legislative leaders to come up with an agreement on pension changes.
AFL-CIO President Michael Carrigan wrote to Quinn and leaders of the House and Senate the union hopes the meeting will overcome obstacles that have blocked recent pension proposals. Plans introduced in the General Assembly have called for lower pension benefits and higher contributions from workers. Neither Quinn nor legislative leaders have commented on the unions' request.