Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu January 24, 2013
ILL Unions Want Meeting With Quinn
Illinois' public employee unions are asking for a meeting with Governor Pat Quinn and legislative leaders to come up with an agreement on pension changes.
AFL-CIO President Michael Carrigan wrote to Quinn and leaders of the House and Senate the union hopes the meeting will overcome obstacles that have blocked recent pension proposals. Plans introduced in the General Assembly have called for lower pension benefits and higher contributions from workers. Neither Quinn nor legislative leaders have commented on the unions' request.