Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 24, 2013
ILL Unions Want Meeting With Quinn
Illinois' public employee unions are asking for a meeting with Governor Pat Quinn and legislative leaders to come up with an agreement on pension changes.
AFL-CIO President Michael Carrigan wrote to Quinn and leaders of the House and Senate the union hopes the meeting will overcome obstacles that have blocked recent pension proposals. Plans introduced in the General Assembly have called for lower pension benefits and higher contributions from workers. Neither Quinn nor legislative leaders have commented on the unions' request.