Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu January 24, 2013
ILL Unions Want Meeting With Quinn
Illinois' public employee unions are asking for a meeting with Governor Pat Quinn and legislative leaders to come up with an agreement on pension changes.
AFL-CIO President Michael Carrigan wrote to Quinn and leaders of the House and Senate the union hopes the meeting will overcome obstacles that have blocked recent pension proposals. Plans introduced in the General Assembly have called for lower pension benefits and higher contributions from workers. Neither Quinn nor legislative leaders have commented on the unions' request.