Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue April 30, 2013
ILL Seeks Federal Assistance With Floods
Illinois and U.S. officials are collecting information to assess that state's flood damage. The data will go into Gov. Pat Quinn's request for federal assistance. If Illinois gets federal help, that could mean grants and low-interest loans for those affected by flooding.
Quinn declared 48 counties disaster areas. Teams from the U.S. Small Business Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Illinois Emergency Management Agency will meet with local leaders over the coming days. Heavy rains brought many rivers and streams statewide to record or near record levels.