Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue April 30, 2013
ILL Seeks Federal Assistance With Floods
Illinois and U.S. officials are collecting information to assess that state's flood damage. The data will go into Gov. Pat Quinn's request for federal assistance. If Illinois gets federal help, that could mean grants and low-interest loans for those affected by flooding.
Quinn declared 48 counties disaster areas. Teams from the U.S. Small Business Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Illinois Emergency Management Agency will meet with local leaders over the coming days. Heavy rains brought many rivers and streams statewide to record or near record levels.