Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue April 30, 2013
ILL Seeks Federal Assistance With Floods
Illinois and U.S. officials are collecting information to assess that state's flood damage. The data will go into Gov. Pat Quinn's request for federal assistance. If Illinois gets federal help, that could mean grants and low-interest loans for those affected by flooding.
Quinn declared 48 counties disaster areas. Teams from the U.S. Small Business Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Illinois Emergency Management Agency will meet with local leaders over the coming days. Heavy rains brought many rivers and streams statewide to record or near record levels.