Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Tue January 22, 2013
Ill Officials to Examine School Safety
Illinois school administrators, teachers and law enforcement will meet today to discuss how to make Illinois schools safer.
Governor Pat Quinn scheduled the school safety summit in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting. Patti Thompson is spokeswoman for the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. She says the summit is a starting point for a conversation about ways to prevent school violence, improve emergency preparedness and make school buildings more secure. Among the agencies invited to attend are the Illinois State Police, the State Board of Education and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force.