Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue January 22, 2013
Ill Officials to Examine School Safety
Illinois school administrators, teachers and law enforcement will meet today to discuss how to make Illinois schools safer.
Governor Pat Quinn scheduled the school safety summit in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting. Patti Thompson is spokeswoman for the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. She says the summit is a starting point for a conversation about ways to prevent school violence, improve emergency preparedness and make school buildings more secure. Among the agencies invited to attend are the Illinois State Police, the State Board of Education and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force.