Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue January 22, 2013
Ill Officials to Examine School Safety
Illinois school administrators, teachers and law enforcement will meet today to discuss how to make Illinois schools safer.
Governor Pat Quinn scheduled the school safety summit in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting. Patti Thompson is spokeswoman for the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. She says the summit is a starting point for a conversation about ways to prevent school violence, improve emergency preparedness and make school buildings more secure. Among the agencies invited to attend are the Illinois State Police, the State Board of Education and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force.