Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 22, 2013
Ill Officials to Examine School Safety
Illinois school administrators, teachers and law enforcement will meet today to discuss how to make Illinois schools safer.
Governor Pat Quinn scheduled the school safety summit in the wake of the Connecticut school shooting. Patti Thompson is spokeswoman for the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. She says the summit is a starting point for a conversation about ways to prevent school violence, improve emergency preparedness and make school buildings more secure. Among the agencies invited to attend are the Illinois State Police, the State Board of Education and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force.