Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu May 2, 2013
ILL Lt. Gov. Pushing Ethics Reform Package
Illinois Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simon says the General Assembly should take action on an ethics reform package before the legislative session ends. Simon says lawmakers have many important issues to tackle before the session is scheduled to end May 31, but says they cannot allow ethics reform to fall to the wayside. Simon supports legislation sponsored by Democratic Senator Dan Kotowski. His bill would require elected officials to disclose more information about their financial interests.