Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed March 6, 2013
ILL House Passes Semi-Automatic Weapons Ban
The Illinois House has approved a series of measures that would ban semi-automatic assault weapons in Illinois.
One amendment approved yesterday would make it a felony for anyone to possess a military-style assault weapon or to have large-capacity ammunition magazines. Chicago Democratic Rep. Edward Acevedo civilians shouldn't have these guns because they're made for "mass destruction." The amendments were approved with Democratic votes only. Republicans refused to cast votes.