Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed March 6, 2013
ILL House Passes Semi-Automatic Weapons Ban
The Illinois House has approved a series of measures that would ban semi-automatic assault weapons in Illinois.
One amendment approved yesterday would make it a felony for anyone to possess a military-style assault weapon or to have large-capacity ammunition magazines. Chicago Democratic Rep. Edward Acevedo civilians shouldn't have these guns because they're made for "mass destruction." The amendments were approved with Democratic votes only. Republicans refused to cast votes.