Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed March 6, 2013
ILL House Passes Semi-Automatic Weapons Ban
The Illinois House has approved a series of measures that would ban semi-automatic assault weapons in Illinois.
One amendment approved yesterday would make it a felony for anyone to possess a military-style assault weapon or to have large-capacity ammunition magazines. Chicago Democratic Rep. Edward Acevedo civilians shouldn't have these guns because they're made for "mass destruction." The amendments were approved with Democratic votes only. Republicans refused to cast votes.