Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed March 6, 2013
ILL House Passes Semi-Automatic Weapons Ban
The Illinois House has approved a series of measures that would ban semi-automatic assault weapons in Illinois.
One amendment approved yesterday would make it a felony for anyone to possess a military-style assault weapon or to have large-capacity ammunition magazines. Chicago Democratic Rep. Edward Acevedo civilians shouldn't have these guns because they're made for "mass destruction." The amendments were approved with Democratic votes only. Republicans refused to cast votes.