Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed March 6, 2013
ILL House Passes Semi-Automatic Weapons Ban
The Illinois House has approved a series of measures that would ban semi-automatic assault weapons in Illinois.
One amendment approved yesterday would make it a felony for anyone to possess a military-style assault weapon or to have large-capacity ammunition magazines. Chicago Democratic Rep. Edward Acevedo civilians shouldn't have these guns because they're made for "mass destruction." The amendments were approved with Democratic votes only. Republicans refused to cast votes.