Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue March 5, 2013
ILL Governor Quinn To Lay Out Budget Plan
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says the state budget he'll present this week will be hard and difficult because of Illinois' massive pension debt.
Quinn said yesterday (Monday) he has to lay out the facts for lawmakers to see how Illinois' nearly $100 billion dollars in unfunded liability is going to affect other areas. He says that includes education. His administration has already projected a cut of about $400 million to education. Quinn says the agreement reached last week with the state's largest union is a good step forward. He gives his budget address tomorrow.