Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue March 5, 2013
ILL Governor Quinn To Lay Out Budget Plan
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says the state budget he'll present this week will be hard and difficult because of Illinois' massive pension debt.
Quinn said yesterday (Monday) he has to lay out the facts for lawmakers to see how Illinois' nearly $100 billion dollars in unfunded liability is going to affect other areas. He says that includes education. His administration has already projected a cut of about $400 million to education. Quinn says the agreement reached last week with the state's largest union is a good step forward. He gives his budget address tomorrow.