Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu January 31, 2013
ILL Falling Into Pension Crises
Illinois Democratic House Speaker Michael Madigan says public employee unions have offered no cooperation on fixing the pension crisis.
The speaker released a sharp response yesterday (Wednesday) to a group of labor unions that want a February 11th summit on solutions to the $96 billion dollar pension problem. Madigan dismissed labor leader Michael Carrigan's claim last week that legislative solutions have failed because union concerns haven't been considered. Madigan pointed to at least eight high-level meetings with union representatives in the last year alone. The coalition says its proposal provides enough money and is fair.