Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon January 28, 2013
ILL Allows Immigrant Licenses
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn signed a measure yesterday Sunday making his state the fourth and most populous to permit illegal immigrants to drive.
Proponents say the measure will improve safety on the roads, but critics warn of the potential for identity fraud. The purple-bordered card will be different than regular licenses, and valid only for driving purposes. It cannot be used as a form of identification, meaning licenses can't be used to buy a firearm, register to vote or board a plane. Applicants who satisfy all requirements will receive their license by mail, not at state facilities. The state will begin accepting applications at least 10 months after the governor signs the bill.