Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Unions Plan Lobby Days Over Pension
Legislative leaders discussed a developing plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis as the state's biggest employee unions planned a lobbying push to oppose it.
The "We are One Coalition" represents the state's major public employee unions. It alerted members this week about "emergency call-in days" next week and on Dec. 2-3.
Members are being asked to call lawmakers and urge them to vote against pension bills that don't have union support.
Legislative leaders spoke yesterday about a plan they say could save close to $150 billion over 30 years.
Unions say they weren't consulted about the plan and that they think elements of it are unconstitutional.