Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Unions Plan Lobby Days Over Pension
Legislative leaders discussed a developing plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis as the state's biggest employee unions planned a lobbying push to oppose it.
The "We are One Coalition" represents the state's major public employee unions. It alerted members this week about "emergency call-in days" next week and on Dec. 2-3.
Members are being asked to call lawmakers and urge them to vote against pension bills that don't have union support.
Legislative leaders spoke yesterday about a plan they say could save close to $150 billion over 30 years.
Unions say they weren't consulted about the plan and that they think elements of it are unconstitutional.