Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 22, 2013
IL Unions Plan Lobby Days Over Pension
Legislative leaders discussed a developing plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis as the state's biggest employee unions planned a lobbying push to oppose it.
The "We are One Coalition" represents the state's major public employee unions. It alerted members this week about "emergency call-in days" next week and on Dec. 2-3.
Members are being asked to call lawmakers and urge them to vote against pension bills that don't have union support.
Legislative leaders spoke yesterday about a plan they say could save close to $150 billion over 30 years.
Unions say they weren't consulted about the plan and that they think elements of it are unconstitutional.