Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon August 12, 2013
IL Treasurer: Use Free State Site To Claim Property
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is reminding Illinois residents to use the state's official website to search for unclaimed property. Rutherford issued a warning Friday about websites that charge users to search for unclaimed property. He says the state's website is a free service provided by his office, a program knows as I-Cash.
The program is paid for through the unclaimed property trust fund, not by tax dollars. Rutherford is encouraging residents to check the website at www.treasurer.il.gov . He says there's more than $1.7 billion in unclaimed property available to owners statewide. The site is updated weekly.