Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 12, 2013
IL Treasurer: Use Free State Site To Claim Property
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is reminding Illinois residents to use the state's official website to search for unclaimed property. Rutherford issued a warning Friday about websites that charge users to search for unclaimed property. He says the state's website is a free service provided by his office, a program knows as I-Cash.
The program is paid for through the unclaimed property trust fund, not by tax dollars. Rutherford is encouraging residents to check the website at www.treasurer.il.gov . He says there's more than $1.7 billion in unclaimed property available to owners statewide. The site is updated weekly.