Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon August 12, 2013
IL Treasurer: Use Free State Site To Claim Property
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is reminding Illinois residents to use the state's official website to search for unclaimed property. Rutherford issued a warning Friday about websites that charge users to search for unclaimed property. He says the state's website is a free service provided by his office, a program knows as I-Cash.
The program is paid for through the unclaimed property trust fund, not by tax dollars. Rutherford is encouraging residents to check the website at www.treasurer.il.gov . He says there's more than $1.7 billion in unclaimed property available to owners statewide. The site is updated weekly.