Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 12, 2013
IL Treasurer: Use Free State Site To Claim Property
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is reminding Illinois residents to use the state's official website to search for unclaimed property. Rutherford issued a warning Friday about websites that charge users to search for unclaimed property. He says the state's website is a free service provided by his office, a program knows as I-Cash.
The program is paid for through the unclaimed property trust fund, not by tax dollars. Rutherford is encouraging residents to check the website at www.treasurer.il.gov . He says there's more than $1.7 billion in unclaimed property available to owners statewide. The site is updated weekly.