Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 5, 2009
IL Tallies Skyrocket
By Carrie Pond
Springfield, IL – Illinois health officials are reporting 82 confirmed cases of swine flu. That update is a big jump from yesterday when there were nine confirmed cases. That's because Illinois began doing its own confirmation tests over the weekend. The Illinois Department of Public Health says testing also shows another 40 probable cases of the virus. Federal health officials are asking states to take over the responsibility for doing such tests. Only one case has been confirmed in Kentucky, with another five suspected. Tennessee officials have confirmed two swine flu cases and testing now shows another possible 13 cases.