Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue May 5, 2009
IL Tallies Skyrocket
By Carrie Pond
Springfield, IL – Illinois health officials are reporting 82 confirmed cases of swine flu. That update is a big jump from yesterday when there were nine confirmed cases. That's because Illinois began doing its own confirmation tests over the weekend. The Illinois Department of Public Health says testing also shows another 40 probable cases of the virus. Federal health officials are asking states to take over the responsibility for doing such tests. Only one case has been confirmed in Kentucky, with another five suspected. Tennessee officials have confirmed two swine flu cases and testing now shows another possible 13 cases.