Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri January 31, 2014
IL Starts Collecting Taxes
The state of Illinois is now accepting and processing tax returns. The Illinois Department of Revenue is urging taxpayers to file their returns electronically.
Officials say last year 80% of taxpayers filed electronically and many received refunds through direct deposit in about a week.
Once federal returns are filed, taxpayers have several options for filing state returns.
The Revenue Department has MyTax Illinois, an online filing system which walks taxpayers through options for credits and deductions.