Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri January 31, 2014
IL Starts Collecting Taxes
The state of Illinois is now accepting and processing tax returns. The Illinois Department of Revenue is urging taxpayers to file their returns electronically.
Officials say last year 80% of taxpayers filed electronically and many received refunds through direct deposit in about a week.
Once federal returns are filed, taxpayers have several options for filing state returns.
The Revenue Department has MyTax Illinois, an online filing system which walks taxpayers through options for credits and deductions.