Most Active Stories
- [Update] Who's Bringing the Beer: Owensboro Caught in Dispute
- Kentucky's Bourbon Industry Booming
- (Developing - School/Business Closings) A Moderate Risk For Severe Weather As Storms March Northeast
- Here's What Alison Grimes and Mitch McConnell Discussed in KET's Debate
- Listen Monday to Live Coverage of KET's Grimes/McConnell Debate
Fri January 31, 2014
IL Starts Collecting Taxes
The state of Illinois is now accepting and processing tax returns. The Illinois Department of Revenue is urging taxpayers to file their returns electronically.
Officials say last year 80% of taxpayers filed electronically and many received refunds through direct deposit in about a week.
Once federal returns are filed, taxpayers have several options for filing state returns.
The Revenue Department has MyTax Illinois, an online filing system which walks taxpayers through options for credits and deductions.