Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 31, 2014
IL Starts Collecting Taxes
The state of Illinois is now accepting and processing tax returns. The Illinois Department of Revenue is urging taxpayers to file their returns electronically.
Officials say last year 80% of taxpayers filed electronically and many received refunds through direct deposit in about a week.
Once federal returns are filed, taxpayers have several options for filing state returns.
The Revenue Department has MyTax Illinois, an online filing system which walks taxpayers through options for credits and deductions.