Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Fri January 31, 2014
IL Starts Collecting Taxes
The state of Illinois is now accepting and processing tax returns. The Illinois Department of Revenue is urging taxpayers to file their returns electronically.
Officials say last year 80% of taxpayers filed electronically and many received refunds through direct deposit in about a week.
Once federal returns are filed, taxpayers have several options for filing state returns.
The Revenue Department has MyTax Illinois, an online filing system which walks taxpayers through options for credits and deductions.