Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri January 4, 2013
IL Senate Adjourns Early
The Illinois Senate adjourned yesterday, canceling today’s session, but Senate President John Cullerton told senators to be prepared to return Tuesday in case action is needed after a House session. The Senate planned no major action on the pension crisis. However, a more comprehensive proposal is waiting in the House, which will convene Sunday through Wednesday.
A vote to legalize gay marriage was also postponed with the Senate’s adjournment. Senate Democrats delayed the vote because three supporters needed for passage were absent.