Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri January 4, 2013
IL Senate Adjourns Early
The Illinois Senate adjourned yesterday, canceling today’s session, but Senate President John Cullerton told senators to be prepared to return Tuesday in case action is needed after a House session. The Senate planned no major action on the pension crisis. However, a more comprehensive proposal is waiting in the House, which will convene Sunday through Wednesday.
A vote to legalize gay marriage was also postponed with the Senate’s adjournment. Senate Democrats delayed the vote because three supporters needed for passage were absent.