Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue November 19, 2013
IL Sen. Durbin Addresses Congress About Weekend Storms
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress yesterday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
Durbin made the comments shortly after a phone call with the director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
He says the widespread damages will require coordinated local, state and federal resources. He says he is ready to help endure federal funding heads to Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn surveyed the damage yesterday. He has declared seven counties state disaster areas.
They include Champaign, Grundy, LaSalle, Massac, Tazewell, Washington and Woodford counties.