Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue November 19, 2013
IL Sen. Durbin Addresses Congress About Weekend Storms
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress yesterday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
Durbin made the comments shortly after a phone call with the director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
He says the widespread damages will require coordinated local, state and federal resources. He says he is ready to help endure federal funding heads to Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn surveyed the damage yesterday. He has declared seven counties state disaster areas.
They include Champaign, Grundy, LaSalle, Massac, Tazewell, Washington and Woodford counties.