Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue November 19, 2013
IL Sen. Durbin Addresses Congress About Weekend Storms
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress yesterday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
Durbin made the comments shortly after a phone call with the director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
He says the widespread damages will require coordinated local, state and federal resources. He says he is ready to help endure federal funding heads to Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn surveyed the damage yesterday. He has declared seven counties state disaster areas.
They include Champaign, Grundy, LaSalle, Massac, Tazewell, Washington and Woodford counties.