Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue November 19, 2013
IL Sen. Durbin Addresses Congress About Weekend Storms
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress yesterday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
Durbin made the comments shortly after a phone call with the director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
He says the widespread damages will require coordinated local, state and federal resources. He says he is ready to help endure federal funding heads to Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn surveyed the damage yesterday. He has declared seven counties state disaster areas.
They include Champaign, Grundy, LaSalle, Massac, Tazewell, Washington and Woodford counties.