Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 19, 2013
IL Sen. Durbin Addresses Congress About Weekend Storms
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress yesterday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
Durbin made the comments shortly after a phone call with the director of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
He says the widespread damages will require coordinated local, state and federal resources. He says he is ready to help endure federal funding heads to Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn surveyed the damage yesterday. He has declared seven counties state disaster areas.
They include Champaign, Grundy, LaSalle, Massac, Tazewell, Washington and Woodford counties.