Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue July 30, 2013
IL Pheasant Hunting Locations Announced
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources will allow residents to hunt pheasants at 19 different locations across the state in the next year. Fifteen of the 19 sites are operated by the state agency. The remaining four are operated through a public-private partnership with the department and T. Miller, Inc.
Natural Resources Department Director Marc Miller says the program provides an upland game hunting experience for thousands of youth and adults each year. Hunters can get permits online at the department's website starting August 5. They are asked to review the application instruction and season information before submitting applications. The daily permit fee for Illinois residents wishing to hunt is $30. Non-residents pay $35.