Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue July 30, 2013
IL Pheasant Hunting Locations Announced
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources will allow residents to hunt pheasants at 19 different locations across the state in the next year. Fifteen of the 19 sites are operated by the state agency. The remaining four are operated through a public-private partnership with the department and T. Miller, Inc.
Natural Resources Department Director Marc Miller says the program provides an upland game hunting experience for thousands of youth and adults each year. Hunters can get permits online at the department's website starting August 5. They are asked to review the application instruction and season information before submitting applications. The daily permit fee for Illinois residents wishing to hunt is $30. Non-residents pay $35.