Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue July 30, 2013
IL Pheasant Hunting Locations Announced
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources will allow residents to hunt pheasants at 19 different locations across the state in the next year. Fifteen of the 19 sites are operated by the state agency. The remaining four are operated through a public-private partnership with the department and T. Miller, Inc.
Natural Resources Department Director Marc Miller says the program provides an upland game hunting experience for thousands of youth and adults each year. Hunters can get permits online at the department's website starting August 5. They are asked to review the application instruction and season information before submitting applications. The daily permit fee for Illinois residents wishing to hunt is $30. Non-residents pay $35.