Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed September 12, 2012
IL Lt. Gov. takes “no texting while driving” pledge
Illinois Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simon wants students to stop texting while driving, and to make the point, she signed an "It Can Wait" pledge Tuesday at John A. Logan Community College in Carterville. Simon was part of a ceremony to announce a statewide anti-texting while driving initiative with AT&T Illinois and the Illinois Department of Transportation. The "No Text on Board Pledge Day." initiative is set for September 19th. AT&T is asking drivers to promise never to text and drive again. IDOT is assisting with electronic highway signs reminding drivers not to text and drive.