Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed October 23, 2013
IL Legislature Prepares For Second Day In Session
Illinois lawmakers are returning to the state capitol for a second day of their annual fall veto session. After getting off to a sputtering start, today’s schedule is expected to include a hearing on gambling and requests by state agencies looking for additional money.
Horsemen and officials from the Illinois racetracks want lawmakers to legalize online betting.
And lawmakers are reviving talks on a larger gambling bill that stalled this spring.
Gay marriage opponents are also planning a rally, a day after supporters gathered to push to make the unions legal in Illinois.
Lawmakers have yet to address the state's $97 billion pension shortfall and tax incentives aimed at keeping Archer Daniels Midland Company's global headquarters in Illinois.