Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Mon November 11, 2013
IL Lawmakers Question Quinn’s Agenda
The Illinois Legislature has wrapped up its official 2013 session after passing historic gay marriage legislation.
But it made little progress on many other high-profile issues.
Lawmakers have yet to solve the state's $100 billion dollar pension crisis. They haven't raised the minimum wage, enacted an assault weapons ban or approved additional ethics reforms.
All of which were on Governor Pat Quinn’s agenda this year. Legislators still could return to Springfield before year's end to address looming issues.
But the upcoming 2014 primaries could prompt caution from legislative leaders as lawmakers begin to face voters.