Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon November 11, 2013
IL Lawmakers Question Quinn’s Agenda
The Illinois Legislature has wrapped up its official 2013 session after passing historic gay marriage legislation.
But it made little progress on many other high-profile issues.
Lawmakers have yet to solve the state's $100 billion dollar pension crisis. They haven't raised the minimum wage, enacted an assault weapons ban or approved additional ethics reforms.
All of which were on Governor Pat Quinn’s agenda this year. Legislators still could return to Springfield before year's end to address looming issues.
But the upcoming 2014 primaries could prompt caution from legislative leaders as lawmakers begin to face voters.