Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 11, 2013
IL Lawmakers Question Quinn’s Agenda
The Illinois Legislature has wrapped up its official 2013 session after passing historic gay marriage legislation.
But it made little progress on many other high-profile issues.
Lawmakers have yet to solve the state's $100 billion dollar pension crisis. They haven't raised the minimum wage, enacted an assault weapons ban or approved additional ethics reforms.
All of which were on Governor Pat Quinn’s agenda this year. Legislators still could return to Springfield before year's end to address looming issues.
But the upcoming 2014 primaries could prompt caution from legislative leaders as lawmakers begin to face voters.