Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu July 26, 2012
IL launches buy local campaign
Illinois agriculture officials have launched a campaign to encourage shoppers to buy locally produced food. Authorities say consumers will be able to find those products on shelves bearing a new “Illinois Product” logo.
Acting Agriculture Director Robert Flider says he hopes each household in the state will spend ten dollars of its weekly grocery budget to buy Illinois-grown food. Flider says that would generate more than two-point-four billion dollars a year for the state economy.