Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu July 26, 2012
IL launches buy local campaign
Illinois agriculture officials have launched a campaign to encourage shoppers to buy locally produced food. Authorities say consumers will be able to find those products on shelves bearing a new “Illinois Product” logo.
Acting Agriculture Director Robert Flider says he hopes each household in the state will spend ten dollars of its weekly grocery budget to buy Illinois-grown food. Flider says that would generate more than two-point-four billion dollars a year for the state economy.