Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu July 26, 2012
IL launches buy local campaign
Illinois agriculture officials have launched a campaign to encourage shoppers to buy locally produced food. Authorities say consumers will be able to find those products on shelves bearing a new “Illinois Product” logo.
Acting Agriculture Director Robert Flider says he hopes each household in the state will spend ten dollars of its weekly grocery budget to buy Illinois-grown food. Flider says that would generate more than two-point-four billion dollars a year for the state economy.