Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu July 26, 2012
IL launches buy local campaign
Illinois agriculture officials have launched a campaign to encourage shoppers to buy locally produced food. Authorities say consumers will be able to find those products on shelves bearing a new “Illinois Product” logo.
Acting Agriculture Director Robert Flider says he hopes each household in the state will spend ten dollars of its weekly grocery budget to buy Illinois-grown food. Flider says that would generate more than two-point-four billion dollars a year for the state economy.