Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- Murray City Council to Consider Anti-Begging Ordinance, Halfway to Downtown Park Fundraising $
- Kentuckians, Get Ready For Health Insurance Rate Hikes
- Could Rand Paul’s Struggling Presidential Bid Imperil His Senate Seat, Too?
Wed November 21, 2012
IL Hunters Take More Deer This Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says deer hunters in the state have killed more than 5,000 deer than they did last year. Just in last week’s firearm season opening weekend hunters killed more than 72,000 deer.
Some hunters had feared reduced numbers because of a drought-driven outbreak of disease but the D-N-R, says condition were good. Firearm season opened last Friday and ended Sunday. It will resume November 29th and end December 2nd.