Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 21, 2012
IL Hunters Take More Deer This Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says deer hunters in the state have killed more than 5,000 deer than they did last year. Just in last week’s firearm season opening weekend hunters killed more than 72,000 deer.
Some hunters had feared reduced numbers because of a drought-driven outbreak of disease but the D-N-R, says condition were good. Firearm season opened last Friday and ended Sunday. It will resume November 29th and end December 2nd.