Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed November 21, 2012
IL Hunters Take More Deer This Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says deer hunters in the state have killed more than 5,000 deer than they did last year. Just in last week’s firearm season opening weekend hunters killed more than 72,000 deer.
Some hunters had feared reduced numbers because of a drought-driven outbreak of disease but the D-N-R, says condition were good. Firearm season opened last Friday and ended Sunday. It will resume November 29th and end December 2nd.