Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed November 21, 2012
IL Hunters Take More Deer This Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says deer hunters in the state have killed more than 5,000 deer than they did last year. Just in last week’s firearm season opening weekend hunters killed more than 72,000 deer.
Some hunters had feared reduced numbers because of a drought-driven outbreak of disease but the D-N-R, says condition were good. Firearm season opened last Friday and ended Sunday. It will resume November 29th and end December 2nd.