Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed November 21, 2012
IL Hunters Take More Deer This Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says deer hunters in the state have killed more than 5,000 deer than they did last year. Just in last week’s firearm season opening weekend hunters killed more than 72,000 deer.
Some hunters had feared reduced numbers because of a drought-driven outbreak of disease but the D-N-R, says condition were good. Firearm season opened last Friday and ended Sunday. It will resume November 29th and end December 2nd.