Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed November 6, 2013
IL House Passes Same-Sex Marriage
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says his state is an example for the nation after the House approved legislation allowing same-sex marriage in the state.
The Democrat says he'll sign the bill when it gets to his desk.
He says Illinois is on the right side of history and took a stand for equal rights. The House approved the measure 61-54 Tuesday.
Quinn watched the floor debate which lasted more than two hours.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan calls it a "victory" for the principles and freedom and fairness.
Fourteen states now allow same-sex marriage.