Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 6, 2013
IL House Passes Same-Sex Marriage
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says his state is an example for the nation after the House approved legislation allowing same-sex marriage in the state.
The Democrat says he'll sign the bill when it gets to his desk.
He says Illinois is on the right side of history and took a stand for equal rights. The House approved the measure 61-54 Tuesday.
Quinn watched the floor debate which lasted more than two hours.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan calls it a "victory" for the principles and freedom and fairness.
Fourteen states now allow same-sex marriage.