Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed November 6, 2013
IL House Passes Same-Sex Marriage
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says his state is an example for the nation after the House approved legislation allowing same-sex marriage in the state.
The Democrat says he'll sign the bill when it gets to his desk.
He says Illinois is on the right side of history and took a stand for equal rights. The House approved the measure 61-54 Tuesday.
Quinn watched the floor debate which lasted more than two hours.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan calls it a "victory" for the principles and freedom and fairness.
Fourteen states now allow same-sex marriage.