Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed November 6, 2013
IL House Passes Same-Sex Marriage
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says his state is an example for the nation after the House approved legislation allowing same-sex marriage in the state.
The Democrat says he'll sign the bill when it gets to his desk.
He says Illinois is on the right side of history and took a stand for equal rights. The House approved the measure 61-54 Tuesday.
Quinn watched the floor debate which lasted more than two hours.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan calls it a "victory" for the principles and freedom and fairness.
Fourteen states now allow same-sex marriage.