Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 6, 2013
IL House Passes Same-Sex Marriage
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says his state is an example for the nation after the House approved legislation allowing same-sex marriage in the state.
The Democrat says he'll sign the bill when it gets to his desk.
He says Illinois is on the right side of history and took a stand for equal rights. The House approved the measure 61-54 Tuesday.
Quinn watched the floor debate which lasted more than two hours.
Attorney General Lisa Madigan calls it a "victory" for the principles and freedom and fairness.
Fourteen states now allow same-sex marriage.